Wednesday, May 4, 2016

May Monster Madness 2016!


Click HERE for the May Monster Madness Blog Party!

The annual May Monster Madness blog party is nigh! Well... actually...  it's on Saturday, May 28, to be precise!

May Monster Madness is usually hosted by writer Annie Walls, but Annie is taking a little break this year, so I'll be taking on the hosting duties with the much appreciated assistance of Magaly Guerrero, Holly's Horrorland, Maynard's Horror Movie Diary, and Not This Time, Nayland Smith blogs. These guys are all wonderful, so if you don't happen to know them already, just click on their names to visit their blogs.

If you have a blog, and you would like to join the monster-y madness, simply sign up using the linky at the bottom of this post. If you're interested, but you've never participated in a blog party before, please don't be shy! The more the merrier! Blog parties are fun, inspiring, and a great way to meet other people in the blogging community. If you're confused about anything, feel free to email me (info@littlegothichorrors.com).

All you need to do is create a monster-themed post ready for the party on May 28. It would also be great if you could try and spread the word a little on your blog or other social media. You can take the picture above and pop it into the sidebar of your blog with a link back to this post.

Ideally, please try and have your post up as early as possible on May 28 to give everyone plenty of time, in all the different time zones, to see your brilliant contribution over the course of the weekend. Once your May Monster Madness post is published, just leave a link to it in the comments on my MMM post. I will be putting up a list of links to the party posts so everyone can easily mingle. And remember, the secret to a great blog party is mingling! Try and make your way around to see the posts of other MMM participants. 

Every year someone inevitably asks, "What does "Monster" mean, exactly?" Well, first of all, don't stress about it! Interpret "Monster" in pretty much any way you want. For example:

* Vampires
* Werewolves
* Zombies
* Mummies
* Demons
* Yetis
* Frankenstein's Monster and/or the Bride
* The Creature from the Black Lagoon
* Evil Monsters
* Scary Monsters
* Misunderstood Monsters
* Lovable Monsters
* Heroic Monsters
* Cute Monsters
* Cartoon Monsters
* Fairy Tale Monsters
* Mythological Creatures
* Urban Legends
* Heinous Humans

You get the idea! Your post can be dark, light or somewhere in-between.

The sky's virtually the limit with the type of post too! Here are some ideas to mull over:

* Fiction
* Poetry
* Article
* Art
* Craft
* Movie Reviews
* Book Reviews
* Cooking
* Gardening

Whatever interests you, as long as it is monster-y in some way!

So... If this sounds like your cup of tea, just leave your details in the linky. If you change your mind, or are unable to participate, just email me and I will take you off the list.

Looking forward to sharing the May Monster Madness with you all on May 28!


23 comments:

  1. I'm so freaking excited I can dance! Love that you've clearly open the party doors to everyone who wish to play. I suspect this will a delightful romp. Yes, it will!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the more the m(ayhem)errier! ;D I'm hoping there will be lots of variety! And thank you so much for the backup, Magaly! ❤ ❤ ❤

      Delete
  2. WAHOO! You guys ARE doing it this year! OH HELL YEAH! I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soooooo glad you're in again, Professor! Thank you!!!

      Delete
  3. Thanks to all the host's can not wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for joining the party again, Bob! Looking forward to your post!

      Delete
  4. I've just signed up our cross stitch group blog! Expect lots of spooky stitchy goodness from us all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, Jo! Can't wait to see what your group members come up with!

      Delete
  5. Emma, I just put the May Monster Madness sign on my blog! I am going to try to do a painting. If I get it finished, crossing fingers, I will let you know and sign up! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Stacy! Crossing my fingers too that you'll be able to sign up! ❤

      Delete
    2. I'm in Emma! I painted a Vampire Crow! I don't know why I always do vampires! LOL! Big Hugs!

      Delete
    3. WOOHOO!!! So pleased that you will be joining in on the madness, Stacy!

      Delete
  6. Heyyy Emma. Just wanted to say that I've got some fear my dear. I have a new blog name, so the name that's in your list there will not work anymore. The new name is Writer on Wheels. Can you possibly change it to that? If not, lemme know so I can resend the linky :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gremlins must have gobbled up the email I sent you, Ladan! :D Just pop your new details into the linky and I'll remove the old link. ❤

      Delete
  7. LOL how dare they! Well thank you for sorting it all out my dear. I now have no more fear :D <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Well, yay for no fear! Monster Madness is much more fun!! ;D

      Delete
  8. HIII! I Shall participate!! yey)) Thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! Welcome to the madness! Very happy to have you with us, Hindustanka!!

      Delete
    2. PS. Don't forget to put your details into the linky, so that the other party-goers can visit your blog on the 28th! ;D ❤

      Delete
  9. Woot! OK I'm totally in :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo!! That's fantastic, Rommy!! Can't wait to see your post!!

      Delete
  10. I've been through all the party posts and had a whale of a time, thanks to everyone for the invite and Emma for hosting a most marvelous party. I sadly couldn't leave comments on a couple of blogs but I did love everyone's different take on the monster theme. Same time next year folks?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting!